Writer conferences are expensive, but worth it. Just be sure you attend the right one for you. They are listed with a tag as to what their specialty and purpose is, as well as what month they take place typically. Retreats are not included in this list. Entries with a * are those we have personally attended and recommend.
- Book Expo America / Varies / Network / May
- Indie BookFest / Varies / Workshops, connecting / August
- Indie Romance Convention / Romance genres / Workshops, networking / October
- London Book Fair / Varies / Connect authors & readers / March
- Northern Colorado Writer’s Con / Fiction / Pitching, workshops / May
- Romance Writer’s of America / Romantic Fiction / Pitching, workshops / July *
- San Francisco Writer’s Conference / Fiction / Pitching, workshops / September *
- SCBI Conferences / YA & MG / Pitching, workshops / Varies *
- Surrey International Con / Varies / Pitching, workshops / October *
- Thrillerfest / Fiction, thriller focus / Pitching, workshops / July
- WorldCon / Sci-Fi & Fantasy / Connect Authors & Readers / Varies
- WriteOnCon / YA & MG / Pitching, workshops / February *
- Writer’s Digest Conference / Fiction / Pitching, workshops / February
More to come soon! If you know of a conference that you would recommend, let us know in the comments and we will add it. Please note, retreats are not listed on this page as their focus is different.